Nominations for the awards are now open and are to be submitted through our electronic nomination system via the links below. We do, however, understand the time and effort that goes into submitting nominations for the awards and that extensive review occurs before submission. As such, you can access a document in Word format (the document will download to your browser) which you can use as your template for preparing your nominations:
- Nominees for the ASVO Winemaker of the Year must be ASVO financial members actively working in the Australian wine industry. If they are not currently members they should be encouraged to apply so they can be nominated.
- The nominees’ activities for which they are being nominated must have occurred within Australia.
- The majority of the nominees’ activities for which they are being nominated must have occurred within the last 5 years. If the activities commenced prior to 2013, major new initiatives or significant differences must have occurred within the last 5 years.
Nominees should display the following attributes:
- A broad positive contribution to the Australian wine industry and / or community; examples may include but are not limited to – leadership in regional, state and national wine industry committees or associations, the driving force behind innovative practices, technologies or standards, or outstanding budget/financial management.
- Evidence of improvement from standard practice.
- Demonstrable integration of the outcomes of their contribution or innovation into the culture of the nominees’ organisation.
- Demonstrable efforts to share the outcomes of their contribution or innovation with the broader wine industry in either a regional, state or national capacity.