Nominees for the ASVO Wine Science and Technology award :
- members can self-nominate or nominate a peer
- typically work in the following roles: scientists, laboratory operators, technology developers, engineers, educators, and other similar roles.
- the nominees’ activities for which they are being nominated must have occurred within Australia.
Nominees should display at least one of the following attributes:
- Innovation: demonstrated ability to bring new and creative approaches to the profession (Winemaking, Viticulture, Wine science and Education), including the use of technology and sustainability practices.
- Community involvement: actively participating in and contributing to the local wine industry, including supporting other wineries, participating in industry events, and working to promote the region's reputation as a wine-producing area.
- Sustainability: implementing environmentally-friendly practices in all aspects of winemaking, including vineyard management, wine production, and waste reduction.
- Education and mentorship: sharing knowledge and experience with others in the industry, including all backgrounds and experience in the industry.
- Demonstrated leadership: recognition from peers of leadership and contributions to the wine community.
Entries open: 1 March 2023
Entries close: 30 April 2023
Submit your nomination