About ASVO membership
Sign up today and enjoy valued professional resources
- Subscription to the Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research
- Special reduced rates for AWITC registration
- Reduced rates for ASVO professional development seminars and workshops
Plus our partner offers;
- 20% discount on 2018 Australian and New Zealand Wine Industry Directory
- 10% discount on Winetitles Media book purchases (retail price) purchased via Winetitles Media
- Free winejobs.com.au advertisement – Australia’s leading industry job site
- BMW Corporate Benefits
ASVO membership expires annually on 30th June. If you are a new member and join during the year, full rates are payable. Subscription reminders are sent to all existing members in May each year, with payment due no later than 30th June in order to maintain current membership.
As an ASVO member you can elect to receive a hard copy of 4 issues and online access of The Australian Journal of Grape and Wine research or online access only. Please indicate which membership type by selecting the relevant membership from the box below.
Protecting Your Privacy
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and the confidentiality and security of the personal information held or collected by the ASVO.
How we use your personal information
The personal information provided by you on this application form will be used:
- to assess your eligibility for membership;
- to update any personal information already held about you on our database;
- to provide successful applicants with access to and information about a range of current and future membership benefits;
- to provide the ASVO with data and statistics about its membership;
- to include limited information in a publically accessible Membership Directory, and further information in an ASVO Members-only accessible version of the Membership Directory.
If you do not provide us with this personal information, we may not be able to process your application.
How we collect personal information
In addition to the information collected from you in this form, the ASVO may also seek personal information from publicly available sources, such as directories, or from other sources such as educational institutions, registration boards or employers, for the purpose of verifying information provided to the ASVO.
When we disclose your personal information:
We may at times disclose your personal information to organisations external to the ASVO where those organisations assist us to provide services to you. Information disclosed to external organisations is done on a limited basis and is provided with the agreement from those service providers that they will maintain the security of that information and use it only for the limited purpose for which it is disclosed.
Accuracy and Access
The ASVO strives to keep accurate records of the personal information we collect. You have a right to access your personal information held by the ASVO, subject to the exceptions listed in National Privacy Principle 6. If you would like to do so please contact the Administrations Officer as set out below. Your request will need to be put in writing for security and recording purposes.
The ASVO Membership Directory is not a publically searchable facility. Information included in the Directory may be provided upon request, as follows. For ASVO members:
- Your nominated contact phone number will be released to the public upon request. (If you do not wish to have your telephone number released to the public upon request, please write to email@example.com.)
- The ASVO may seek your consent to have the same details as those included in the Membership Directory made accessible to other allied organizations for the purpose of increasing access by appropriately qualified professionals to ASVO members.