ASVO Advanced Wine Assessment Course Scholarship
KEY DATES 2019
- Entries open: 4th March 2019
- Entries close: 3rd May 2019
- Judging close: 7th June 2019
- Scholarship Recipient attends: AWAC 50, November 2019.
We recommend that you download the application first, before completing it online.
A major objective of the ASVO is to promote education in viticulture and oenology and help ensure and maintain the highest standards of quality for such educational objectives. One area of interest is the ongoing development of advanced sensory skills. These sensory skills may be used by ASVO members in their current employment or for the purpose of becoming a future wine show judge. Ultimately, by furthering their sensory education they will be able to contribute to the wider wine industry.
ASVO ADVANCED WINE ASSESSMENT COURSE SCHOLARSHIP
The Advanced Wine Assessment Course (AWAC) Scholarship is an initiative of the ASVO with support from the Australian Wine Research institute (AWRI).
The scholarship is designed to support applicants who have the potential to become wine show judges to develop the sensory analysis capabilities and the vocabulary to judge wine in Australian at an elite level.
All AWAC are held at the Australian Wine Research Institute in Adelaide. AWAC is an intensive four-day course which includes approximately 40 hours of activities, with leading wine show judges, journalists and winemakers assisting in the presentation of the course
- To be eligible for the ASVO AWAC Scholarship entrants must be financial ASVO members at the date of the submission.
- Members may self-nominate or be nominated by a third party.
- Entrants who are nominated by a third party must agree to the nomination.
MAKING A SUBMISSION
- Submissions will only be considered if they are submitted either online
- or by email on the downloaded nomination form to: email@example.com
- Please do not send any original documentation or CDs / DVDs / flash drives. These will not be returned or considered as part of a submission.
Download Entry information here
Online Entry Form here
TERMS OF SCHOLARSHIP
- The scholarship provides 100% of course fees to attend the AWRI AWAC.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the allocated placement at the AWRI AWAC.
- The scholarship recipient will be required to cover the cost of travel and accommodation associated with their attendance at the four day course in Adelaide.
- Download full terms & conditions here
ENTRY RECEIPT AND THE SUBSEQUENT JUDGING PROCESS
- The scholarship recipient will be selected by panels of independent judges.
- The scholarship recipient may be asked to provide further PR material including a relevant video, footage or high resolution imagery for use in public relations activities.
- The scholarship recipient will be announced at the ASVO Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner. The annual awards ceremony celebrate excellence across the grape and wine sector honouring outstanding winemakers, viticulturists, researchers and students involved in the development of novel and significant innovation, practice or publication. https://asvoawardsforexcellence.wordpress.com/
REGISTRATION FOR THE AWAC
- Entrants may register for the Advanced Wine Assessment course by entering into the ballot for any AWAC courses held. However gaining a placement through the AWRI process does not make the entrant eligible for the ASVO scholarship.
- Entrants who are unsuccessful at receiving the ASVO scholarship are not excluded from the AWRI process.
- Visit http://www.awri.com.au/industry_support/courses-seminars-workshops/awac/ for more information.