Welcome to the Australian Society of Viticulture and Oenology’s (The ASVO) cookies policy.
The ASVO respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This cookies policy will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device. What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
This Website Will:
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
- Remember what is in your cart
- Remember where you are in the order process
Cookies on our website
the ASVO uses the following cookies on this website, to provide you with the best user experience:
- WordPress — tracks users’ login from page to page; not shared
- WooCommerce — tracks the contents of the shopping cart; not shared
- Cloudflare — to differentiates individual visitors on shared connections, for security only (blocking hackers / bots); not shared
- Google Analytics — tracks technology used, pages visited, frequency, duration.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service may not work properly. You can find out more information cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as www.allaboutcookies.org.