The information on this site is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, to the extent permitted by law, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Australian Society of Viticulture and Oenology (ASVO) will not be liable for any consequential, incidental or special damages resulting from the copying and use of the information.
The information on this site is regularly updated by ASVO, but ASVO does not guarantee the accuracy of the information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and the confidentiality and security of the personal information held or collected by the Society.
Discussion forum service
ASVO may provide a free discussion forum service through this site. Any information you supply when registering for this service, (with the exception of your password), may be displayed to other users of the service. When registering you may elect for the information not to be displayed, or you may simply not supply the information at all. If you do provide information which you elect to conceal from other users we will not pass this information on to any third parties. Information we receive through our web site may be archived or backed up on our server for our own records only.
ASVO takes all reasonable steps to secure any personal information from unauthorised access. We accept no responsibility if such access occurs.
Limitation of scope
This privacy statement does not extend to external sites our site links to. The organisations that operate those sites are responsible for privacy issues arising out of their sites.
ASVO desires that all complaints about privacy matters are dealt with in the following way. If you have a complaint about how your private information has been handled by ASVO (Complaint), the following will occur:
- The Complaint is free of charge to you;
- The Complaint must be in writing (i.e. not in electronic form), marked and posted as follows:
Wine Industry House
Cnr Botanic & Hackney Road
Adelaide SA 5000
- Complaints are to be sent by post and must include your return postal address;
- Upon receiving a Complaint, ASVO will appoint an officer (Officer) to hear the Complaint;
- The Officer will have or will be given sufficient power to deal with the Complaint;
- The Officer will determine a resolution of the Complaint within ten (10) business days of receiving the Complaint;
- The Officer will communicate his/her decision by post to you;
- The Officer will give general reasons for the decision; and
- The Officer will provide, with the notice of his/her decision, information on further action you can take if you are dissatisfied with the decision.
If you have noticed our site contains any potential breach of common privacy principles, or if you have any questions, please contact us at: [email protected]