We invite all ASVO members to consider nominating to our Board of Directors. Serving on a board can be personally and professionally rewarding. It can enhance your career development by providing a different perspective on what it takes to deliver value to members, raise resources, and ensure accountability. If you’re truly passionate about the wine industry, it’s a great way to give back and support the Professional Society that supports the Australian wine industry.
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Support from employer/colleagues for the time and financial commitment required to attend the following meetings:
- Two hour-long Board call on the third Thursday of every second month.
- 2-3 face-to-face meetings each year (typically a 1 ½ day commitment)
- Attendance at the annual AGM (coincides with one of the face-to-face Board meetings)
- Ability to spend 4-6 hours per month on Board / Committee activities outside of the monthly meetings including completing assignments that have been given to Board members.
- Willingness to wear an “industry hat” (to contribute beyond personal business interests for the good of the membership and the industry).
- Creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify and develop new products and services benefiting the ASVO membership.
- Ability to act with integrity and make decisions – financial and otherwise – for the good of ASVO.
- Willingness to recruit “New Members”.
- Willingness to actively promote ASVO.
When incurring ASVO business expenses, ASVO expects personnel to exercise discretion and good business judgment with respect to those expenses, and to be cost conscious and spend ASVO member’s money as carefully and judiciously as the possible.
Wherever possible, Directors are asked to obtain full or partial funding for travel related expenses from their employers or from grants and will only reimburse Directors if there is no other source of travel support.
Please fill out the following information completely. State your name as you would want it to appear in all official references. Include on this form at least two professional references.
By submitting this form, you give the ASVO Secretary permission to contact your references. You confirm that all information submitted is true and verifiable. You also confirm that you are prepared to fulfill all obligations of an ASVO Board Member should you be voted in by the ASVO membership.
Nominations must be completed with a proposer, seconder and nominee. Please ensure that you have checked that the proposer and seconder are financial members and that they endorse your nomination or your nomination may be deemed invalid.
In accordance with clause 7 of its Constitution, the Australian Society of Viticulture and Oenology (the ASVO) calls for nominations for its Board of Directors.
In accordance with clause 7.2 of the Constitution All Members of the ASVO are eligible to nominate for vacant Board positions in 2019.
Nomination information here
Nomination form here
The closing date for nominations is 5pm CST, 16 August 2019.
For a nomination to be valid, the nominee, proposer and seconder, at the time of their signing of the nomination form, shall each be:
(a) a financial Member
(b) a Member who has not been found guilty in a disciplinary process of the Society.